One powerful treatment for two kinds of vein problems
When you have two types of vein conditions, you need a dual solution, and sclerotherapy fits the bill. This quick, minimally invasive and highly-effective procedure treats spider veins and smaller varicose veins.
During sclerotherapy, your physician:
- Uses a tiny needle to inject a medication (sclerosant) directly into a vein or vein cluster; causing inflammation.
- The vein closes & disappears over time.
- Because the needle is so small, no anesthetic is typically necessary.
Benefits of sclerotherapy
- Performed in our offices in less than one hour.
- Safe, virtually-painless treatment.
Can eliminate the aching, swelling, burning and itching caused by smaller varicose veins.
- No incisions, no scars.
- A proficient technique to clean up small residual veins after ablation procedures.
After your sclerotherapy procedure
- We’ll apply a compression stocking to the treated area to encourage the best possible cosmetic result.
- You can get back to your normal activities the same day.
- You may need a follow-up visit 2-3 weeks after your procedure to remove any trapped blood in the injected veins, which promotes faster vein resolution.
- Any bruising (along with the treated veins) should clear in 6-8 weeks.
For more information about sclerotherapy in the East Bay, or to schedule an appointment, call Vascular Surgery Medical Group at 510-357-4006 or 925-831-0101.
You can also fill out our simple contact form.