The leader in varicose-vein-dissolving ablation procedures
With more than 1,000 successful vein ablation procedures to his name, our own Dr. Ingegno has set the standard for helping East Bay residents look and feel better. Not only can vein ablation make varicose veins disappear, this procedure can relieve the painful symptoms associated with varicose veins caused by venous disease (a condition that occurs when veins can no longer deliver blood back to the heart).
Our doctors perform two types of vein ablations, both of which require only local anesthetic and can be performed in the comfort of our offices in Alameda, San Ramon or San Leandro:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) – Uses high-frequency radio waves to heat and close the targeted vein. The radiofrequency energy is transmitted through a very thin, specialized fiber inserted into the vein.
- Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) – General Vascular has been successfully performing EVLT since 2004. This image-guided, minimally invasive treatment uses laser energy to “burn” and close the abnormal veins leading to varicose veins. Over time, the closed, diseased vein is reabsorbed into surrounding body tissues.
Benefits of vein ablation:
- Can be performed our offices in about one hour.
- Can bring immediate relief of venous disease symptoms like vein inflammation, aching or throbbing legs, swelling or heaviness in the legs and more.
- No hospitalization; low risk of scarring.
- 97% of first-time vein ablation treatments are successful.
After your vein ablation procedure
- We’ll encourage you to get up and walk right after your treatment.
- You can resume your normal routine the next day (just avoid rigorous activities like gym workouts).
- You may experience minor soreness and bruising, which can be treated with over-the-counter pain relievers.
For more information about vein ablations in the East Bay, or to schedule an appointment, call General Vascular Surgery at 510-357-4006 or 925-831-0101.
You can also fill out our simple contact form.